Flourless, keto and paleo friendly decadent chocolate cookies filled with salted nut or seed butter!
- 1/2 cup brown butter ghee (lard or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s Swerve
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops stevia glycerite (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cacao powder (see notes above)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened, unsalted sun flower seed butter (or peanut butter)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the ghee and Swerve until smooth.
- Add in the egg, vanilla and stevia and mix again until smooth.
- Add in the baking soda, salt and cacao powder. Mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Measure your the sun butter and have some salt at the ready.
- Shape the dough into 6 large balls.
- One at a time, flatten a cookie ball in your hand, place a spoonful of sun butter in the center, add a pinch of salt. Close the cookie dough around the seed butter (like stuffing a meatball). Then roll it to a round ball again in your hand.
- Place on the lined sheet pan and gently press down to flatten to 1/2 inch thick.
- Repeat with remaining dough and seed butter.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on the sheet pan for 20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool.
*Macros per BIG cookie *you can also make 12 regular sized cookies from the recipe for 15g total carbs per cookie. I find that half of one large cookie is enough for me, these bad boys are RICH*
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 6.7g
Keywords: keto brownie peanut butter