A delicious and simple Mediterranean inspired salad that’s Whole3o friendly!
For the Salad
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon fine salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 cup NatureSweet Cherubs
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 3 cups arugula
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of ground oregano
- Pinch of salt
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet over medium heat. While it comes to temperature, season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil into the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes a side or until cooked through.
- In the meantime, grab a small skillet or sauce pot and heat over medium to low heat. Toast the pine nuts until golden brown. Remove from heat promptly. Set aside.
- In a small jar or bowl, mix together the salad dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and add the NatureSweet Cherubs, cook on the hot skillet for 2-3 minutes. Salt with ½ teaspoon salt and use a spatula to move them around occasionally until their skin begins to blister. Remove from heat.
- Build your salad: Slice or dice your chicken, add it to a bowl with the arugula. Add in the red onion, pine nuts, your blistered NatureSweet Cherubs and lastly the dressing. Gently toss and enjoy!
- Use about half of the dressing for one serving of salad! Macros calculated accordingly.
- Skip the maple syrup to make this Whole30 compliant and Keto friendly!
- Serving Size: 1 Salad
- Calories: 434
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: grilled chicken and blistered tomato salad