A super easy, almost lazy, but delicious coconut shrimp recipe that’s gluten-free, paleo, whole30, and keto!
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar (or vinegar of choice)
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup coconut oil for frying
- lime wedges and green onion for serving (optional)
- Whisk the egg and vinegar together. Season the shrimp and then add the egg to it.
- In a shallow, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the coconut flour and shredded coconut.
- Add the shrimp to the coconut mix and toss until well coated.
- Heat the oil in a medium to a large skillet, so you have about 1/2 inch depth of frying oil.
- Once it’s hot, add the shrimp to the oil, one at a time, separating them and laying them flat. Fry them in batches so you don’t over crowd the skillet.
- Fry for 3 minutes per side or until a deep golden brown and crispy. Only turn over once. Use a slotted spoon to remove from the oil. Fry the remaining shrimp in the same way.
- Serve with lime wedges, your favorite sauce or a killer salad! Enjoy!
- READ FAQ’S and TIPS AND TRICKS.
- For low histamine use apple cider vinegar or a little water
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 375.6
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 13.3g
Keywords: gluten free coconut shrimp