A simple and versatile recipe that marries pasta salad and chicken teriyaki!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 2 cups gluten-free teriyaki (see post for options)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 shallots, small dice
- 1 leek, white part only, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1-inch nub of ginger, zested
- 2 carrots, small dice
- 1 bunch of broccolini, small dice
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 3 tablespoons mayo (optional)
- 1 box gluten-free fusilli pasta
- Mix diced chicken and 1 cup teriyaki sauce in a bowl. Cover and set in the fridge to marinate. When ready to cook heat a large skillet over medium heat and set a pot of water to boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil salt it and add in pasta, cook according to package instructions.
- In the skillet add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and then the shallot, leek, ginger, and garlic. Sprinkle with salt. Cook, stirring often for about 4 minutes or until tender and aromatic. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Drizzle the remaining coconut oil in the skillet and add the broccolini and carrots. Sprinkle with salt. Saute, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes or until tender and slightly browned. Drizzle one tablespoon of sesame oil in and stir well. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Put the remaining coconut oil in the skillet and add in the chicken with the marinade. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet.
- Combine all of the cooked components in a large bowl. Add in sesame seeds, remaining teriyaki sauce and sesame oil, and salt to taste. Toss well. Serve hot, or cold!
- Mix in mayo if eating as pasta salad or to add creaminess. Keeps in the fridge in an air-tight container for 5 days.
Macros are calculated without mayo and using brown rice and lentil pasta
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 566
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 60g
- Fiber: 15g
- Protein: 16g
Keywords: gluten free teriyaki chicken pasta