Tender and juicy ginger rosemary braised pork loin medallions served over roasted spaghetti squash with a creamy dairy-free pan juice sauce. So. Dang. Good.
For the Spaghetti Squash:
- 1 medium squash
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoons salt (I use Real Salt)
For the Pork Medallions:
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 inch nub of ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ cup unsweetened dairy free milk (I use this one — only 2 ingredients and shelf stable!)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds, see tips above. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, then place cut face down on a sheet pan and roast for 30 minutes while you prepare the pork.
- Trim any excess fat on the tenderloin, using a sharp knife to trim the silver skin off. Do this by pulling up on the skin, angling your knife under it with upward pressure, so you’re not cutting into the meat. Cut the film off.
- Cut the loin into medallions, about 6 2-inch thick rounds. Salt and set aside.
- Mince all of the ginger, garlic and rosemary. Then toss the pork with the minced aromatics and toss with olive oil.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Put the medallions flat side down on the pan and sear for 5 minutes. Flip over and sear another 5 minutes. Add all of the minced aromatics to the skillet.
- Use tongs to turn over the medallions, searing the sides for about 2 minutes. Then add in the vinegar and deglaze the skillet, sautéing the medallions. Add in ½ cup milk and lower the heat. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven, use forks for shred it out into two or three bowls. Sprinkle with salt. Serve 3 medallions per plate (or 2 per plate, serving 3). Spoon the sauce all over! Yum! Serve hot.
- 1og net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 487.7
- Fat: 28.7g
- Carbohydrates: 12.3g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 44.8g