Pressure cooker fennel shredded chicken
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup minced fennel bulb
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 inch nub of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp bacon fat
- 3 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- a few sprigs of parsley
- Prepare your vegetables: dice fennel, peel and dice garlic, peel ginger.
- Add the chicken to the bowl of your pressure cooker.
- Add in the bacon fat, coconut milk, vinegar, and all the seasoning.
- Add in the fennel, garlic and the chunk of ginger.
- You just want the ginger to infuse it’s flavor in the dish, mincing the ginger up will make it’s flavor overpowering (you will remove the chunk after cooking).
- Toss with a spoon or with clean hands.
- Close the pressure cooker, set to poultry mode (Aprx 12.0 PSI for 20 minutes)
- When the machine is done cooking and the pressure has released, open the lid, stir well.
- There will be a lot of fluid in the pot, set the pressure cooker to saute or reduce mode, for 10 minutes.
- It will come to a boil. Stir twice during reductions. You want the chicken to stick a little to the bottom to get that toasty, browned part.
- When done reducing, mix with tongs or forks, the chicken should easily shred, fall apart, and it should be saucy but not soupy.
- Serve, garnish with fennel greens, and be sure to find and remove the large piece of ginger.
- Chop up parsley, add in and mix up.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 44g
Keywords: Pressure Cooker Fennel Shredded Chicken