The pertfect fatty patty!
- 10 ounces pastured bacon, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme or rosemary, leaves removed and minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon 5 spice (optional)
- 2 teaspoons fine Himalayan salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the chopped bacon, and cook, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Add in the shallots and thyme and saute until bacon bits are crispy. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the bacon and shallot mix to a large bowl. Leaving the bacon fat in the skillet for later use.
- Once the bacon has cooled off, add the ground pork and ground beef, as well as all the seasonings to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape 10 large patties and gently flatten.
- Heat the skillet with the bacon fat on high heat.
- Sear the burgers for 2 minutes a side, then put on a sheet pan. When all the burgers are seared, pop the sheet pan in the oven to finish cooking the burgers all the way through, about 10 minutes.
- For AIP leave out the black pepper and 5 spice. Check bacon labels for spices.
- Serving Size: 1 patty
- Calories: 299
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: fatty patty