Easy, 2-ingredient, and allergen-free wrap inspired by Indian yellow lentil pancakes – Moong Dal Chilla!
- 4 cups soaked moong dal/ yellow split mung bean/ split yellow lentil
- 2 1/2 cups filtered water
- Cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Soak the beans overnight, drain and rinse. You will need about a pound of beans or 3 cups dry beans.
- Measure out 4 cups of soaked beans and combine them in a blender with 2 cups of water, add in seasonings, if using.
- Blend on high until the consistency of pancake batter, if you need it thinner, add the remaining 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, lightly oil. I used avocado oil spray.
- Use a ladle to measure out the batter, and slowly pour in the. center of the skillet and use the bottom of the ladle to spread out the batter in a slow, circular motion.
- Cook until it’s filled with little bubbles and dry along the edges. Use a spatula to gently lift and flip. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat. Repeat the same process until you used all of the batter. Makes about 8 large wraps.
- Serve warm! To store: stack with parchment paper and wrap up flat and store in a flat surface in the fridge. Heat on a dry skillet to warm up, much like a tortilla!
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 58
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: easy lentil wrap