Cuban Picadillo Frittata! A delicious tailgate option with a Cuban twist!
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots
- 2 slices bacon (I use Pederson Natural Farms, Whole30 Approved)
- 1 can Lindsay Naturals Green Olives
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Small dice your onion, carrot and garlic.
- When the skillet in heated add in the olive oil.
- Add in the diced vegetables.
- Chop up the bacon and mix in. Stir frequently, cook for 8 minutes.
- Add in the ground turkey with the parsley, salt and pepper, mix in, stirring constantly until it’s all crumbled up and browned, about 5 minutes.
- Open and drain your Lindsay Olives. Place them on a cutting board and chop.
- Add the olives and raisins to your skillet. Mix well.
- Crack your eggs open into a bowl or blender. Add in the milk and onion salt. Blend or whisk until frothy.
- Pour over skillet evenly. Let is sit on the stove for 2-3 minutes until the edges begin to cook. Then carefully place it in the oven, on the middle rack.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- After fifteen minutes it should be done. You will know it’s done when the center is set.
- Remove from oven and let it sit a few minutes before slicing and serving!
- Top with avocado and salsa, yum!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: Cuban Picadillo Frittata