A super easy and super crispy AIP Waffle Recipes!
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 2 tablespoons green banana flour
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 2 tablespoons coconut or maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon AIP baking powder (see post)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil (more for oiling waffle iron)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sparkling water
- Heat your mini waffle iron.
- In a large bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Add in the avocado oil and whisk well, then the vinegar and repeat. The mix will be crumbly.
- Slowly add in the sparkling water, 2 tablespoons at a time, letting it fully incorporate before adding more. Only add as much as you need so the batter is the consistency of pudding.
- Grease the waffle iron and put 2 tablespoons of batter in the center. Close it and let it cook for 4 minutes without opening it.
- Open the iron, the waffle should be a deep golden to dark brown color. It will feel soft and a little sticky. Very carefully, with the tip of a fork or spatula remove it from the iron and place it on a plate. It will firm up and be crispy within a minute!
- Repeat with the remaining batter, lightly greasing the iron between waffles. Makes 6-7.
- Read the FAQ’s and Tips and Tricks!
- Serving Size: 1 Waffle
- Calories: 118
- Fat: 6.9g
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 0.8g
Keywords: AIP Crispy Waffles