This stunning Fall Pilaf is made with quinoa, cauliflower rice, pecans, peas, and cranberries it’s a party in your mouth.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small leek, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs thyme, minced
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup halved pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add in the leek, garlic, and thyme. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Mix in the cauliflower rice, peas, and seasonings and mix well. Then add in the pecans.
- Cook here, stirring often for 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Mix in the cranberries and finally the quinoa and stir well until warm and incorporate.
- Serve hot!
- How to cook 2 cups of quinoa: Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve. In a saucepan combine 1 1/2 cups of water and 3/4 cup of quinoa. Salt with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring it to a boil. Reduce to low, keep covered with a tight-fitting lid for 15 minutes. Then let stand for 10 minutes o absorb the remaining water. Fluff with a fork.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 350
- Fat: 22.6g
- Carbohydrates: 31.3g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 8.1g
Keywords: Fall Quina Cauliflower Pilaf