This crunchy brussel sprout salad is loaded with lovely spring produce! The perfect snack or side dish on a warm day.
- 3/4 cup whole, raw large cashews
- 8 large, ripe strawberries (about 1 cup), halved
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or grated parmesan)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Cut your strawberries in half and put them on the sheet pan with the cashews.
- Pour the balsamic and aminos over them and toss to combine then spread them out flat in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and lemon zest. Roast for 20-30 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs. Watch them for color, reference the image in the post. Remove from the oven and allow the nuts and berries to cool to room temperature.
- Break up the nuts, they will be like bittle. Spoon the tender berries in to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to combine until creamy and evenly mixed. Taste and add more salt if needed! Enjoy!
To make this salad KETO use MACADAMIA NUTS INSTEAD OF CASHEWS! The bulk of the carbs actually come from cashews, which are pretty starchy for a nut 🙂 Well they’re actually a drupe not a nut.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 256.1
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 5.9g
Keywords: Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad