A lovely celebration of spring! A light and delicious asparagus salad.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Bowl of ice water
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 spring onion or green onion, sliced on the bias
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon flake salt
- Heat water in a skillet or pot with a steamer basket. Steam your asparagus for 5-8 minutes or until bright greens and slightly tender while still being crispy. If you hold it up, it should stand upright.
- Put the asparagus in the ice water to shock and stop from cooking.
- Drain the water from the pot, dry it. Add in the avocado oil. Once hot, add in the garlic, tilt the pot so the oil pools to one side, and the garlic deep-fries. (See images above). Once golden brown, remove from the heat.
- Drain your asparagus and plate it. Top with sliced green onion, fried garlic (with oil), lemon juice, and flake salt. Enjoy right away or left over. Salad is good warm or cold.
- Read FAQ’s and see step by step images.
- Serving Size: 5 spears
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 5.9g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 1.7g
Keywords: Asparagus Salad