A thick and silky cream of mushroom soup without dairy!
- 7 ounces of mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups bone broth
- 1 pound cauliflower, diced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast or 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (or tigernut milk)
- Heat a 5-quart pot over medium heat. When it comes to temperature drizzle in the olive oil.
- Add in the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in the onion, celery, garlic, bay leaf, salt, herbs. Mix well and saute for 8-10 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Deglaze the skillet with the vinegar then promptly pour in the bone broth and stir well. Bring the soup to a simmer.
- Add in the cauliflower and close the lid. Let it simmer with lid closed for 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Carefully transfer everything to a blender, add in the nutritional yeast and coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Transfer back to the pot and stir well. Here you can serve as is or simmer to make it thicker or stir in more broth to thin it out. Taste and adjust salt and needed.
To make it pretty save some of the sauteed mushrooms before you blend to garnish. Add fresh herbs and a drizzle of olive oil on top!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 174
- Sodium: 262 mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated Fat: 9.9g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 11.g
Keywords: AIP Cream of Mushroom Soup