Ooey Gooey Banana Bread with melted chocolate ready in 3 minutes!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch (or 1 tbsp coconut flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grain-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- In a measuring cup, mash your banana until smooth. Then mix in the coconut oil, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add in the flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Mix well. Then add in the chocolate chunks, saving 2-3 pieces for later.
- Transfer the mix to an oversized coffee mug. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Top with remaining chocolate chunks, and cook for 1 more minute. Let cool before eating.
- Can I make it nut free? Yes, you can use 3 tbsp tiger nut flour and 1 tbsp arrowroot for a nut-free version.
- Can I make it egg free? Mug cakes need the egg to rise, if you use a flax egg it will work but come out denser.
- Can I make it low-carb? Use almond flour and 1 tbsp coconut flour, use a keto sweetener, and only 1/2 a banana, up the coconut oil to 2 tbsp.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 367
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 389mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: 3 minute chocolate chunk banana bread mug cake