Delicious and tender coffee-rubbed ribs made in the oven with a healthy, sugar-free rub!
- 4lb spare rib rack
- 3 tablespoons medium roast coffee grounds
- 1 large peach, ripe, mashed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil
- Mix coffee, mashed peach, garlic, ginger, vinegar (if using it), salt, pepper, and oil in a small bowl, use your hands to mash and mix, getting the juice out of the peach.
- Cut ribs into 6-inch racks. Place ribs on a large sheet pan or parchment paper.
- Slather peach mix onto ribs and spread and pat down. Do this on both sides, use all of the rub, then wrap up the ribs with plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat the broiler to 500F.
- Use a roasting rack or cooling rack over the sheet pan to cook ribs on so the air circulates all around them. Sear ribs under the broiler for 3 minutes on each side.
- Lower the heat to 300F and place ribs on the middle rack. Cook for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven, place on large cutting board, and use large chef’s knife or cleaver to cut ribs apart.
- INSTANT POT INSTRUCTIONS IN NOTES BELOW.
** Instant Pot Cooking Instructions**
- After you marinate the ribs, remove them from the marinade, saving any sauce, dripping and chunks of peach. Cut your ribs rack into 2-3 pieces.
- Add 1 cup broth with a splash of vinegar to your IP. Place the rack inside. Arrange your ribs in a tent on the rack. Cook on high for 30 min.
- Place on a rack over a sheet pan. Brush the remaining marinade and peaches on them. Place in the oven, right under the broiler, and broil for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 32g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 38g
Keywords: coffee rubbed ribs