- 2 Tbsp butter or butter substitute (ghee or coconut oil)
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- ¾ cup So Nourished Granular Erythritol
- ¼ cup So Nourished Pancake Syrup
- ¾ cup full fat, canned coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 ½ cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup So Nourished Granular Erythritol
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter or butter substitute, melted
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Start by making the pie crust. In a small bowl, mix together the water and flaxseeds and set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, erythritol and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, flaxseed mix and vanilla and stir into a thick dough. It will be dry and a little crumbly but that is okay- just keep mixing until it comes together into a large ball.
- Press the dough into a nine-inch pie pan. Work the dough up the sides of the pan and try to make it as even as possible across the bottom and up the sides. It should be about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Prick the crust all over with a fork to prevent it from bubbling in the oven.
- Bake the crust in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 minutes or until it is just beginning to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, combine the coconut milk and xanthan gum in a small bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium-sized sauté pan and melt over medium heat.
- Add the chopped pecans to the pan and toss them in the butter. Let them toast in the pan for about 30 seconds, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pancake syrup, erythritol, coconut milk mix, vanilla and salt to the pan and stir well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the mix into the prebaked pie crust. The filling should come almost to the top of the crust.
- Carefully place the pie into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes. The center of the pie should be mostly firm when you jiggle it.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely. Ideally, cool the pie in the fridge overnight before cutting to really let it set. Slice and enjoy!
net carbs per serving: 5g (subtract fiber and sugar alcohols in erythritol)
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 479
- Fat: 45g
- Carbohydrates: 40g*
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: dairy-free pecan pie, vegan pecan pie, egg-free pie, keto pie, gluten free pie crust