For the Beets
- 2 yellow beets
- 1 red beet
- 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
For the Sauce:
- 6 ounces dairy free cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat (I use a 15-inch).
- Use a potato peeler to peel the beets and slice them in to ¼ inch thick slices. Melt half of the ghee in the skillet. When hot, place one layer of sliced beets in the skillet so they all lay flat (you will have to do this in batches).
- Pan fry for 5 minutes then flip and cook another 5 minutes, drizzling 1 teaspoon of the aminos over them in the last 2 minutes. Transfer to plate and repeat with the remaining beet slices.
- While the beets cook, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- When you’re done cooking the beets and you have transferred them all to a plate, add the garlic slices to the skillet. Tilt the skillet up so all of the fat pools together and the garlic slices are fully submerged in the fat, hold it here, letting the garlic fry until golden brown.
- Spoon the garlic chips over the beets. Serve the mint cream on the side and sprinkle more garlic chips over that too! Enjoy!
net carbs per serving: 9.9g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 351.6
- Fat: 30.5g
- Carbohydrates: 15.3g
- Fiber: 5.4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: beet recipe, fried beets, dairy free cream sauce, low carb side dish, plant based meal, 30 minute meal