Swiss Chard Romesco: a sweet and tangy superfood sauce loaded with vitamins and anti-inflammatory properties. You’ll want to add it to everything!
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, chopped (2 cups)
- ⅔ cup, plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ⅛ teaspoon fine salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ cup Marcona almonds
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a sheet pan combine the red onion and chard. Sprinkle with ⅛ teaspoon salt and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender with browned bits.
- Transfer the roasted veggies to a blender. Add in the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, like the consistency of pesto.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
2g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 15.2g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1.7g