Slow Roasted Cinnamon Carrots with Tahini Drizzle: buttery, roasted, slightly caramelized cinnamon carrots, drizzled with a creamy savory sauce. Good and good for you!
For the Carrots:
- 2 bunches thin purple carrots or rainbow carrots
- 2 tablespoons duck fat, ghee or tallow
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon honey or yacon syrup
For the Tahini Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon water
- Juice of one lemon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Peel carrots and cut the thicker ones in half lengthwise.
- Line the carrots up on a sheet pan.
- Brush the carrots with the fat and sprinkle with seasoning all over.
- Mix aminos and sweetener together and brush the carrots with it. Give the sheet pan a shake so the carrots roll a bit and are evenly coated in all the dressings.
- Roast in the center rack for 1 hour. Remove from the oven.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients until thin and smooth.
- Serve the carrots and drizzle with sauce.
- Garnish with herbs or toasted nuts!
20.7g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 28.7g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 4.1g