This Dairy Free Creamy Mushroom and Crab Bisque with Tahini packs way more flavor than the old classic, with added protein and mood-boosting vitamins.
- 3 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1-pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 cups bone broth
- 2 tablespoons tahini (or sunflower seed butter)
- 1-pound jumbo lump crab meat
- Juice of one lemon
- Heat a 6-quart pot over medium heat. When it comes to temperature, add in 2 tablespoons ghee. Once the ghee has melted and begins to brown, add in the garlic, mushrooms and thyme. Sauté until tender, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in the salt and black pepper, then deglaze the skillet with the vinegar and stir in the bone broth. Bring to a simmer, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a blender. Add in the tahini and blend until smooth.
- Add the remaining ghee to the pot, heat over medium heat. Add the crab to the pot and the lemon juice, stir here until warmed through.
- Serve the creamy soup into three bowls and pile warm crab into each bowl. Dig in!
You can make this recipe without crab, just omit. It’s still absolutely delicious.
8.6g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 23.6g
- Carbohydrates: 10.6g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 43.4g