This allergen free bread is made with pure protein for a low carb loaf that is super healthy!
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Bone Broth Powder or Beef Protein Isolate (see posts for brands)
- 2 tablespoons collagen powder (only if using Protein Isolate)
- Fat to grease the bread pan
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In the bowl of your mixer whisk the eggs and olive oil until frothy on medium-high speed, then add in the baking powder, salt and apple cider vinegar,
- Lower the speed to slow and then slowly add in the protein powder and whisk until well combined.
- If using the bone broth powder the mix will become a sticky and runny dough. If using the beef protein isolate with the collagen the mix will become a thick batter.
- Grease the loaf pan well and transfer the mix into the pan. Bake in the center rack for 40-50 minutes. If using the protein isolate (which has a more fluid batter, it may need to bake up to an hour, use the toothpick test to determine doneness).
- Your loaf should be risen, golden with a nice crust and sound hollow when you tap on the top. That’s when you remove it from the oven. Next, let it rest for 20-30 minutes before unmolding. Your fluffy perfect looking loaf WILL DEFLATE when it comes out of the oven. It’s okay!
- Note the images, the slices are short. That’s okay! The texture of the bread will be chewy and fluffy and awesome, although narrow 🙂 Slice, toast, smear with ghee! Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- TROUBLESHOOTING: Cut the bread into slices, if you feel the loaf is still too moist (it didn’t bake long enough), you can pop the bread back in the oven for 20 minutes or so at 300F. Or you can slice the bread into 1 inch thick slices and lay them flat on a sheet pan and broil for 2-3 minutes each side to toast! Still so good!
- A reader suggested letting the loaf cool suspended, upside down, like Angel Food cake. I tested this and it worked but the slices were so fluffy it was hard to slice.
- Serving Size: 1 slice/ 10
- Calories: 123.8
- Fat: 6.2g
- Carbohydrates: 0.3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 25.8g
Keywords: zero carb bread