The most additive wing recipe just got a healthy makeover. Keto, paleo, Whole30. Check, check, check. Sweet and spicy wings for the win!
Crispy Spicy Wings
- 2 teaspoon fine salt
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoon decaf ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoon baking powder (corn free recipe here)
- 3lbs party wings (buffalo wings)
- Avocado oil spray
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 ½ tablespoons coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl. Measure out the baking powder and set it aside.
- Put all of your wings in a large bowl and use a paper towel to pat them dry. If there is pooling liquid in the bowl, clean it up. You want the wings pretty dry.
- Add the baking powder to the wings and toss the bowl to evenly coat the wings, you can also use your hands to toss and mix.
- Add in the seasoning mix and toss and mix to coat.
- Spray a sheet pan with a little avocado oil or coconut oil.
- Arrange your wings on a sheet pan all lined up, close together but not touching. Bake on the middle rack at 250F for 40 minutes.
- Open the oven, spray the wings with a little avocado or coconut oil. Close the oven and set the oven to 425F. Bake for 45 minutes.
- When there is 25 minutes left on the timer, combine the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pot and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes until bubbly and thick. It should coat a spoon easily. Remove from the heat, but keep on the stove to keep it warm.
- When the wings are done use a spatula or tongs to remove them from the sheet pan, put them in a large bowl, drizzle the sauce in and toss the wings to coat. Or you can serve the wings on a platter and drizzle the sauce over them.
- Serve and enjoy!
See post for details and substitutions.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 439
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 0.2
- Protein: 40
Keywords: Sweet and Spicy Wings