A deliciously easy yet decadent weeknight meal!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 thick cut, boneless pork chops
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoons ground mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoons 5-spice
- 1 cup bone broth
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
For the Cauli-Cream
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3 cups small diced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup mayo (link below)
- 1/2 cup raw whole cashews
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in 2 tablespoons avocado oil, sliced onions and a bay leaf. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Cover and cook here, stirring occasionally until tender, about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, start the mash. Heat 1 tablespoon avocado in a small sauce pot. Add in the garlic and cauliflower, stir until the garlic starts to smell toasty.
- Add in the salt and bone broth. Cover and cook here 5 minutes.
- Season the pork chops evenly all over with the salt, 5 spice and mustard.
- When the onions are done, remove them from the skillet. Add in a little more oil and set the skillet back over medium heat, do not clean it.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet so they aren’t touching. Cook here, with the lid on, 5 minutes per side.
- While these cook, take the lid off of the cauliflower and let the broth reduce by half. Then transfer everything to a blender, add in the mayo and cashews and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- By now the pork chops are properly seared. Open the lid and add in the cup of broth and the red wine vinegar. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and set them on a board to rest. Bring the heat up to high on the skillet and reduce the sauce by half.
- Trim the fat off the pork chops then slice in thin, even slices with a sharp knife.
- Spread the cauliflower cream on the bottom of two bowls.
- Add the sliced pork chops and top with sauteed onions.
- Take skillet off the heat and pour or spoon the reduced pan sauce over the onions.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 606
- Fat: 43g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 33g
Keywords: braised pork chops