These pumpkin seed chocolate chip cookies are delicious and egg free!
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon water + 1 tablespoon flax meal)
- 3 tablespoons softened coconut oil or lard
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sweetener (erythritol for keto, maple sugar for paleo)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons pastured gelatin
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup chopped up dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, high powered blender of coffee grinder: process the pumpkin seeds with the coconut flour until a fine crumb. Measure out two cups and set aside.
- In a large bowl let your flax egg sit for a few minutes.
- Add in the coconut oil, extract, and sweetener. Mix.
- Add the salt, baking soda, ground pumpkin seed flour mix and the gelatin.
- Mix until a dry dough forms. Then add in the coconut milk and mix until the dough takes shape.
- Fold in the chopped up chocolate.
- Shape about 10-12 1 inch balls, set them 2 inches apart. Gently flatten.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10-20 minutes before handling. Use a spatula to remove from the cookie sheet. Enjoy!
3.7 Net Carbs Per Cookie
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: Alcohol: 5.3g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: egg free keto cookies