Dairy and nut free fluffy keto pancakes
- 1 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 4 large eggs, seperated
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour (5 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon golden flax meal
- 1/8 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- Measure out the coconut milk and add the vinegar to it. Set aside.
- Put the egg whites in the bowl of your stand mixer. Mix with the whisk attachment on medium speed until the egg whites become thick and begin to stiffen about 5 minutes. They should look like clouds and cling to the whisk, with soft peaks, but not be completely stiff like merengue
- Set a skillet or griddle to heat on the stove over medium heat.
- In the meantime sift together the coconut flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the flax meal.
- Stir the egg yolks into the buttermilk and then slowly add that to the dry mix while you whisk until fully combined.
- Let the flour mix sit until the egg whites are ready.
- In this time the flour mix will become very thick. If it doesn’t add in a teaspoon or two of coconut flour to the batter until it does.
- Fold the egg whites into the flour mix until fully combined. To do this, empty half the bowl of egg whites into batter and use a spatula to mix it in, in a folding motion, from the bottom of the bowl, bringing the batter over the egg whites and in. Do this until fully incorporated, then add repeat with the remaining egg whites.
- Brush the griddle with fat. Use 1/4-1/3 cup to measure out the batter for each pancake.
- Cook 2-3 minutes a side. Flip when the edges are dry.
- Serve hot with your favorite add-ons!
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 164
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: dairy free keto pancakes