This low Fodmap Toast is a great way to have your paleo toast that is still low starch!
- 1 acorn squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tsp unsweetened almond butter
- 2 slices of bacon (sugar free, compliant)
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin spice would be great too!
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Slice acorn squash vertically into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Remove the seeds.
- Rub with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Set out to cool.
- In the meantime, heat a dry skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add in the raw cashews and toss with seasoning while you toast them.
- Once they begin to brown remove from the heat.
- Clean out the skillet, put back on the burner.
- Chop up bacon and add to the hot skillet.
- Cook until crispy, stir often.
- Remove from skillet and place on paper towel to drain fat.
- Spread a thin layer of almond butter on your squash rounds.
- Place cashews on them evenly.
- Sprinkle salt over all of them.
- Add the crispy bacon to the rounds.
- Finally mince the chives and add them too.
- I like to cut the round into quarters and eat it with my hands, but you can also use utensils… but why?
- Pro Tip: Roast your acorn squash ahead of time, or the day before… makes this a 10 minute meal!
- Serving Size: 2 slices
Keywords: squash toast