Oven baked, low carb, crispy fried!
- 1.5 cups Hunter Gatherer Pili Nuts
- 2 medium zucchini, fresh and firm
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. In a food processor or blender grind up the pili nuts to a coarse crumble.
- Cut your zucchini into fries, no thicker than 1/4 inch. In a large bowl whisk together the egg, rice vinegar and fish sauce.
- Toss the zucchini fries in the egg mix until well coated. Then add in the pili nut crumble. Then the coconut oil. Toss to combine. The crumble will begin to stick to the zucchini a little.
- Place your fries, one at a time, lined up on a sheet pan. Then scoop up whatever pili nut crumbles are left in the bowl, with your fingers and distribute it evenly among the fries. Combine the salt, pepper and ginger in a small bowl, sprinkle it all over your fries.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven, middle rack. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, use a spatula to scrape the fries off of the sheet pan.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 41g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: tempura fries