A surprisingly delicious combination!
- 2lbs ground turkey
- 1 strip cooked bacon (minced)
- 5 large strawberries (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano (minced, you could use mint or basil too)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil (more for cooking, could also use ghee or softened butter)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (sub fine ground almond meal)
- Prepare the strawberries, garlic, bacon, and oregano. Add to a large bowl.
- Add in the turkey meat, egg, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix well with a spatula or clean hands.
- Pour coconut flour into a shallow bowl.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet on medium heat until hot (sprinkle water, when it beads, it’s hot). Drizzle in cooking fat.
- Shape 6 large patties and gently toss them in the coconut flour. Use both hands to shape and handle until they feel more solid/dryer in your hands. If you’re using almond meal just mix it into the meat.
- Then add them to the skillet. I cook 2-3 at a time.
- Brown 5 minutes on one side, then flip over. After 2 minutes, cover the skillet and cook another 3 minutes. Once they feel firm when you press down on the center, they are cooked through, or internal temp is 175F.
- Repeat until all the patties are done.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 319
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 32g
Keywords: strawberry turkey burger