A protein crust with delicious tahini sauce and roasted broccoli on top!
- 3lbs ground meat (I like using a 60/40 blend of pork/turkey, but it will also work with ground beef. If you use all chicken or turkey it will be dry, you will need to compensate by adding fat to the mix)
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- ½ cup nut butter (I like cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 2–3 bunches of broccolini
- olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Mince cilantro, ginger and garlic.
- In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the meat base until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the meat mix evenly all over the baking sheet (15×21 in a sheet pan) or make 2 9″ “pizza” rounds!. Make sure your meat crust is no thicker than 1/4 inch, or use two sheet pans if you need to! Thin = crispy.
- Roast at 425F for 20 minutes.
- In that time whisk together all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Taste it. Adjust to your liking. You can add more nut butter, or more lemon etc. I like it creamy and tangy!
- Next cut your broccolini into thin strips. Set aside.
- At the 20 minutes, remove the meatza from the oven and carefully tip the sheet pan over the sink to drain the liquid out.
- Set it down on a kitchen towel or cutting board.
- Use a spatula to spread your sauce evenly all over the meat base.
- Then arrange your broccolini all over it. Evenly. Think about the way you will cut it. You want each square to be loaded with broccoli. Drizzle the top with olive oil or sesame oil…. or bacon fat! Sprinkle a little salt on your broccolini.
- Pop it back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes until the broccoli is cooked and the edges are golden brown!
- Let cool a bit, then cut into squares.
- Feed a crowd or store in the fridge for easy meals!
- You can halve the recipe and make a smaller pie! Just adjust cooking time as needed! You can also HALVE THE RECIPE and make ONE 9″ PIE!
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g