A delicious Thai Seafood Soup
- 2 tbsp fat (ghee, olive oil)
- 4 cups bone broth (any kind you like)
- 3 tbsp cashew butter (or 1 cup cashew creamer/ sup coconut cream for AIP)
- 3lbs white fish filet (no scales or bones)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large Vidalia onion
- 2 inch nub of ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 baby bok choy
- 2 cans water chestnuts
- 3 lemons
- To taste: fish sauce (I used about 2 tbsp)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp wasabi powder
- In a large stock pot heat 2 tbsp of fat on medium heat.
- Small dice garlic, ginger, onions and carrots.
- Once the pot is heated add the diced veggies to the pot with the bay leaf.
- Cook stirring occasionally until tender, about 8 minutes.
- In the meantime cut your fish into 1-inch pieces, and cut, wash and pull apart your bok choy.
- Peel a few strips of lemon rind off of your lemons, add them to the pot.
- Add the fish into the pot and stir well, until all the fish is seared.
- Add the salt and the cashew cream, fish sauce, and wasabi powder. Mix well.
- Add the broth, bring to a boil, let it boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, water chestnuts. Stir. Bring to a simmer.
- Juice all your lemons. Set aside.
- Let the soup simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Dice your cilantro.
- Add in the lemon juice. Stir. Taste, adjust salt and needed. If you want it thinner, add in a cup of water.
- Serve with plenty of fresh cilantro!
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 8.8g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 37.9g
Keywords: thai seafood soup