A creamy, white soup with ground turkey, bacon and loads of flavor!
For Soup Base:
- 2 cups chopped leek whites
- 4–5 cups diced white sweet potatoes or 6 cups diced cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. bacon fat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 cups bone broth, more to taste
- 1 cup cashew or coconut cream
- 1–2lbs ground turkey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp mustard
- ½ tsp ground garlic
- ¼ cup minced leek greens
- 4 slices bacon
For Crispy Potato Skins *
- Sweet Potato Peels
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- First begin by peeling your sweet potatoes and setting the skins aside, DO NOT DISCARD. Or dice your cauliflower.
Start The Soup
- Heat pressure cooker on saute mode.
- Cut your bacon into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add it to the pot and cook until crispy.
- In the meantime; slice your leeks until you hit the green part.
- Once your bacon is crispy remove it from the pot and add in the leeks.
- Saute until they begin to brown. Add in the sweet potato (or cauliflower)
- Add in the broth, salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
- Cancel saute function. Close the lid. Set to PRESSURE COOK: steam or vegetable mode.
- During this time mix your ground turkey in a bowl with salt, mustard, ground garlic. Set aside.
- Wash and mince the leek greens. Set aside.
Make Crispy Skins (if using potato)
- Heat coconut oil in the skillet.
- Line a plate with paper towel and set it close to the stove.
- When a wooden spoon inserted in the oil sizzles, add in a handful of the potato skins.
- Once they become golden brown (30-45 seconds) remove them with tongs and set on paper towel lined dish.
- Repeat until all the skins are fried.
Back To the Soup
- When the pressure cooker is done, release the pressure manually to speed up the process.
- Then transfer all of the contents to a blender, carefully.
- Place the insert back in the pot an heat on saute mode.
- Add in the leek greens and ground turkey, saute until browned and cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Stir often, you want to crumble the turkey with your spatula or spoon.
- Blend the potato (or cauliflower) mix until smooth. Add in the cream. Blend again.
- Pour your soup base into the pressure cooker and bring to a simmer with the turkey, this won’t take but a minute or two.
- If you want the soup thinner, add in more broth here. I like mine pretty thick!
- Stir in MOST of the bacon, save some for garnish.
- Serve soup. Top with crispy skins, bacon and green onion!
- Boom! Delicious.
- This will make a lot, about 5-6 bowls, which is about 8-10 cups.
- AIP MODIFICATIONS: OMIT ALL THE SEED BASES SPICES LIKE PEPPER, NUTMEG & MUSTARD. USE HORSERADISH, GINGER AND A LITTLE CINNAMON INSTEAD. USE COCONUT CREAM INSTEAD OF CASHEW CREAM. ENSURE YOUR BACON IS AIP COMPLIANT.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 530
- Fat: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 37g
Keywords: Turkey Chili