Delicate, delicious, gourmet but easy to make.
- 4 chicken breast, pastured
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 1/2 bunch of chives
- 1/4 cup ghee, divided
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 sugar plums
- 2 burgundy plums (or other stone fruit)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Line your cutting board with plastic wrap. Butterfly your chicken breasts, but them open like a book, and then in half down the spine to create two chicken cutlets.
- Place another piece of plastic wrap over the chicken and bang it out with a heavy object like a skillet or meat hammer, rolling pin etc. It doesn’t have to be super thin, just flattened enough to be able to roll up.
- Repeat this with all of the breasts.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and add in red wine vinegar, nutmeg, oregano, black pepper and salt. Toss well. Set aside to marinate.
- Remove plastic wrap from cutting board.
- Wash knife and hands. Clean area well. Cut your plums in half, do this by running the knife all around the fruit till the middle where you feel the seed and all the way around. Then with two hands as if you were moving a Rubix cube separate the two halves. Remove the seed. Slice your plum into 1/4 thick slices.
- Next, mince your chives. Prepare your prosciutto, remove it from the packaging and separate the slices, careful not to tear them. One piece of chicken at a time, lay it on the sheet pan or cutting board.
- Smear a tsp of ghee on it, then grab a few, 3-4 slices of plum slices and place them inside across the width of the chicken, sprinkle with chives and a little salt.
- Save a few slices of plum and some chives for the garnish
- Roll it up like a sushi roll. Brush the outside with a little more ghee. You can do this with your finger tips. Then carefully holding the roll up together in one hand, wrap it in a slice of prosciutto. I like to put the middle of the slice of prosciutto where the chicken roll opening is and wrap it in the opposite direction for structural integrity.
- Place it on the sheet pan, with the seam of the prosciutto down.
- Repeat with the rest of the chicken. Place your sheet pan in the oven in the middle rack.Roast at 375F for 25-30 minutes. While it roasts, make the garnish.
- In a small skillet heat the remaining ghee, add in the remaining plum slices. Gently mix. Let it simmer and toast until plums are browned and tender. Remove from heat.
- The ghee and plums will have made the lovely red spotted ghee sauce. Drizzle that on the dish, then add a few pieces of caramelized plum. Slice or halve your stuffed breast and center it. Sprinkle a little move chives and viola!
DIETARY PREFERENCE MODIFICATIONS
- *To make this AIP use bacon fat, tallow or coconut oil instead of ghee, swap out the nutmeg for cinnamon and omit the black pepper. *
- Serving Size: 1.5 chicken breast
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 4
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 29g