Delicious and juicy chicken breast!
- 5 tbsp paleo pesto, see link above (or recipe below)
- 5 chicken breasts
- 2 ripe pears (or apples, peach etc)
- 5 tsp mustard (omit or use horseradish for AIP)
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 10 slices bacon (check labels for sugar, nightshades etc)
- 2 cups kale chopped stems & leaves
- 1/2 haas avocado
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until desired smoothness.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Peel & slice pears into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Butterfly chicken breasts, cut into them from the side, lengthwise to open them up like a book, leaving them attached in the middle.
- If you have a meat hammer, give them a light pounding. It’s not absolutely necessary, but it will help with the wrapping.
- On one side of the breasts, smear pesto, on the other mustard sauce (or horseradish/wasabi)
- Arrange 3-4 slices of pear on one side of the breast.
- Fold over the other side, close like a book, pick up in one hand, holding it shut, and sprinkle with salt.
- Then wrap with 2 slices of bacon in a diagonal, overlapping pattern.
- Repeat with all breasts.
- Arrange on a lightly oiled sheet pan.
- Cook for 35 minutes, hitting it with the broiler the last 5 minutes.
- Let them sit a few minutes before serving.
- We had them over cream of kale, and it was delightful!
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 32
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 12
Keywords: bacon wrapped chicken breast