- 4 greenish/yellowing plantains
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup warm water, a little more if your plantains are really big
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Peel your plantain- be careful, green plantains are notoriously hard to peel. With a small knife run a slit down the length of the plantain, get your finger in there an peel outwards. Cut your plantain in to 1 inch slices.
- Place sliced plantain in blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on low, mashing down with spatula or blender prod.
- Gradually increase the speed to keep mixture moving and blend until smooth.
- You might have to stop and scrape down with a spatula a few times to keep things going.
- Once you have a smooth yellow paste it’s ready.
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper, lightly grease.
- Spoon mix out on to sheet pan, use 2 tablespoons for 2-4 inch tortillas or 2/3 cup for large wraps.
- Using a spatula spread the plantain mix to shape tortillas or wraps.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes check, if edges have started to become golden/brown they’re ready!
- If you want them crispier keep them in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- They will left easily off the parchment paper.