Blender batter plantain tortillas that are grain-free, flour-free and paleo!
- 4 plantains (green with a little yellow or 2 green and 2 yellow)
- juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and grease lightly.
- Peel your plantains, With a small knife run a slit down the length of the plantain, get your finger in there and peel outwards. Cut your plantain in to 1 inch slices.
- Place sliced plantain in a blender with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on low, mashing down with spatula or blender prod.
- Gradually increase the speed to keep mixture moving and blend until smooth.
- You might have to stop and scrape down with a spatula a few times to keep things going.
- Once you have a smooth yellow paste it’s ready. Spoon the mix out on to sheet pan, use 2-3 tablespoons for 2-4 inch tortillas.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes check, if edges have started to become golden/brown they’re ready!
- If you want them crispier keep them in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- They will left easily off the parchment paper. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 tortillas
- Calories: 148
- Sodium: 1.7mg
- Fat: 4.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 27.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: AIP Plantain Tortillas