Steak Kale Caesar: A really hardy salad that tastes like a restaurant steak dinner! I love using roasted root veggies in place of croutons!
- 1 cups small dice or thinly sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Herb Seasonings
- 1 pound grass-fed steak tips
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil
- 5 slices of red onion, thin
- 4 cups chopped kale
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoon Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Toss the carrots with olive oil, salt, and herbs. Spread out over a sheet pan. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
- Make sure the steak tips are in bite-size pieces, if not cut them. Toss the steak tips with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When it’s hot add in the oil then the steak tips making sure they’re not clumped together.
- Cook undisturbed for 4 minutes, then turn over and cook another 2 minutes. Stir a bit and remove from the heat. Set aside.
- Prep the base of your salad. Add the kale to bowls, salt lightly, and massage it for a few minutes until tender.
- Top with steak tips, red onion, roasted carrots, and Primal Kitchen Caesar dressing.
- You can also use sirloin steak, flank steak or flap meat!
- Use your favorite greens!
- Don’t love carrots? Use sweet potato, celery root, or whichever tuber you prefer!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Keywords: Whole30 Salad