Grain-free, blender batter pancakes that are 100% paleo!
- 2 large green plantains (3 if they are small)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup (more for serving)
- 2 tbsp tiger nut or coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Non-stick cast iron or another pan
- Ghee or butter for serving
- Peel your plantain. Cut off each end, and make a slit in the peel lengthwise then open the skin and peel it outwards and back. The greener the plantain, the harder to peel.
- Cut into a few pieces and add it to the blender with eggs, maple syrup, salt, baking soda, and grain-free flour.
- Cover blender and turn on low. Gradually increase the speed until the batter is moving. Blend until all the better completely smooth.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium-low heat.
- Grease your skillet lightly. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Cook 3 minutes per side. LOW AND SLOW, because plantain caramelized easily and you don’t want them to burn.
- Flip when the edges look done, cook another 1-2 minutes.
- The batter will make 8 pancakes.
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
- Calories: 268.2
- Fat: 6.7g
- Carbohydrates: 48.1g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Protein: 8.2g
Keywords: Plantain Pancakes