Thin, crisp, and flourless dark chocolate wafers
- 1 large eggs, room temp
- 1/4 cup room temp coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons nut or seed butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Maple Sugar or keto-granulated sweetener
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- Start by whisking together the eggs, oil, almond butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Once smooth set a fine mesh sieve over the bowl.
- Combine the cacao powder, granulated sweetener, salt, and baking powder in the sieve. Then tap it to sift the dry ingredients into the wet ones.
- Chill the dough for 20-30 minutes, then use a 1 oz cookie scoop to shape the cookies
- As you put each dough ball on a lined sheet pan, use a small, lightly oiled square of parchment paper to gently press it down, and then use wet or oiled fingers to smooth out the edges.
- Repeat with all of the dough. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. Let cool to room temp before handling.
- Store in the fridge to keep them crisp!
- The dough will be very sticky! That’s how it’s supposed to be. Using oiled hands and a lightly oiled piece of parchment paper to flatten and shape them helps.
- The icing is just melted coconut butter with cinnamon.
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gluten free chocolate wafer