The perfect Whole30 Quiche!
- 5 slices sugar free bacon
- 5 eggs
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch kale or organic kale & cabbage salad
- 1 medium Japanese sweet potato
- Coconut oil
- 1 tsp Salt + more to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Spring form pan or casserole dish, 8″
- Parchment paper, optional
- Dice sweet potato in to 1/4 inch cubes.
- Wash, dry & chop kale too.
- In a large skillet cook bacon until golden, but not crispy, medium heat, 3-4 min each side.
- Remove bacon from skillet & add in diced sweet potato to the same skillet.
- Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Cover lid & stir sweet potato occasionally until fork tender.
- Remove sweet potato & set aside.
- To the same skillet, add in kale. Sprinkle with salt. Cover, cook for 5-8 minutes until wilted.
- Remove from skillet & set aside to cool.
- Whisk together or blend in a blender on medium speed; the eggs, coconut milk & the rest of the seasoning.
- In spring form or casserole dish press sweet potato down on the bottom creating an even layer, then line the sides with bacon slices, start at the borders, baking a sort of crust.
- Pour egg mix in, and sprinkle kale all over.
- Bake at 350F for 35-40 min until center is set. Let cool a bit before slicing.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 241
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: quiche sweet potato crust