An aromatic citrus turkey brine with garlic, ginger, and coconut sugar.
- 1 cup Kosher Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup dried orange peel
- 1/2 cup cinnamon shards or sticks
- 1/3 cup dried garlic slivers
- 1/3 cup dried ginger flakes
- 1/3 cup dried tarragon leaves
- 1/3 cup dried rosemary
- 5–6 bay leaves
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and store in a cool dry place until ready to use.
How to Brine a Turkey
- When you’re ready to brine your turkey bring 2 gallons of water and 3 cups of apple cider vinegar to a simmer in a stock pot.
- Mix in the brine, this recipe makes enough for one turkey. Mix and heat until the salt and sugar are totally dissolved. Your house will smell AMAZING.
- Let the brine cool in the fridge. Then submerge your turkey in it. Let it sit in the fridge overnight or for 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to cook your turkey, remove it from the brine, rinse it and cook as desired.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoon
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 2179g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0g
Keywords: turkey brine recipe