A hearty and simple breakfast recipe for AIP.
- 1 large broccoli crown
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 small vidalia onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup water (or bone broth)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalaya salt, divided
- 2 slices bacon
- 6 jumbo shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro or parsley
- Chop up broccoli, cauliflower, onion and garlic. Combine in your pressure cooker.
- Add in the water and 1/2 tsp salt. Close and set to the vegetable setting, or on low for 7 minutes..
- Put your bacon on a sheet pan and then in the oven, set to 375F.
- In a bowl toss together the shrimp and remaining salt. Set aside.
- When the oven reaches 375F, check on the bacon. When it’s almost done, add the shrimp to the same sheet pan. Roast it all together for 5 minutes. Open the oven, give the sheet pan a shake. Roast another 2-3 minutes.
- By now the pressure cooker should be done with the vegetables. Add all the veggies and half the liquid in to a blender, and puree until smooth. You can add the remaining liquid if you want it less thick. Taste it, add in more salt as needed.
- Serve 2 cups of the vegetable puree in a bowl, you will have a lot left over! Save it.
- Remove shrimp and bacon from oven. Chop up shrimp and bacon carefully and serve over vegetable puree.
- Drizzle bacon fat over your dish, then coconut aminos and lastly cilantro. Dig in!
- Store leftover puree in the fridge for your next breakfast bowl!
- 9g net carbs per bowl
- Serving Size: 1/2 Recipe
- Calories: 203
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 42g
Keywords: AIP breakfast shrimp bacon