Caribbean-inspired key lime chicken that’s super healthy and easy to make!
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, more as needed
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 1/2 cup bone broth (code CASTAWAY for 25% off)
- 1 lime zested
- 2 limes, juiced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. While it comes to temperature slice your onion. Melt the coconut oil in the skillet and add in the onion. Saute until tender.
- While the onion cooks, pat your chicken dry and season with salt and oregano.
- When the onion is tender, move it aside, add more oil to the skillet if needed and out the chicken thighs in the skillet so they are laying flat. Put the onion on top of them.
- Sear for 4 minutes each side. Then add in the lime zest, then the lime juice, broth and coconut cream. Mix up.
- Use tongs to accommodate everything in the skillet, so your chicken has full contact with the bottom of the skillet and is surrounded by sauce and onions. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and lower the heat to simmer. Cook here for 15 minutes.
- Open the lid, if you want less sauce, bring up the heat and reduce it for a few minutes. Garnish with cilantro and lime slices. Dig in!
- This recipe was updated with fresh pictures 2/2021, the original post was from 2015
- Serving Size: 2 thighs with sauce
- Calories: 372.2
- Fat: 18.6g
- Carbohydrates: 6.9g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 41.5g
Keywords: coconut lime chicken