For the Soup
- 2 pounds broccoli florets
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon fine salt (this is my favorite salt)
- 3 cups warm bone broth
- 1 cup coconut milk (this is my favorite, no gums, no fillers, no cans, in a resealable carton!)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
For the Garnish
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts (omit for AIP)
- Fresh herbs or microgreens
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss all of the broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Spread out over a sheet pan.
- Trim the top of a head of garlic, place it among the broccoli, drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast the broccoli and garlic for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted broccoli to a blender. Squeeze the tender cloves out of the head of garlic and add to the blender. Add in the warm broth, coconut milk and seasonings. Blend until desired creaminess.
- Serve hot and garnish with pine nuts and herbs.
net carbs per serving: 7.9g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 259
- Fat: 17.3g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 9.6g
Keywords: Healthy Cream of Broccoli Soup, Cream of broccoli, Easy creamy broccoli soup, Dairy free broccoli soup, Roasted broccoli soup