When I switched over to a more holistic lifestyle and non-toxic household, essential oils became a part of my everyday life. While I don’t pretend to be an expert, I do have a handful of tried and true uses and I want to share them with you. Essential oils are a great gateway into more holistic living! Removing endocrine disruptors from my environment has been key to balancing my hormones! From using Essential 0ils to Non-Toxic skin care like Araza Beauty… switching all your home products is a slow process, no pressure…but EO is a good first step!
How I Use Essential Oils in My Life!
- I take almost daily baths and always add oils depending on the need. Here are some of my recipes for soothing and healing soaking baths, add these ingredients to a full, very warm tub, as hot as you like it or can take it… I like to bring a cool beverage with me to the bath, like some sparkling water! Feels like a spa!
For Relaxing and Stress Relief or Achy Muscles
- 2 cups Epsom Salt
- ½ cup Redmond Real Salt
- 4 drops Peace & Calming Oil or Cheer (if I’m grumpy)
- 2 drops Eucalyptus Oil and/or Lavender
- If you’re into crystals… I like to bathe with mine, I’ll put an iron quartz in the tub too, it’s a grounding stone that helps restore energy and balance
- 4 cups Epsom Salt
- 2 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Clove Oil
- 4 drops Frankincense Oil
Skin Flare Up Support
- 4 cups Epsom Salt Bath
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 drops Lemon Oil
- 4 drops Tea Tree Oil
- 2 drops Lavender Oil
- I also put rose quartz in the tub, this loving stone releases emotional stress and I find it’s a love stone and you need a lot of love during a flare-up.
- Diffuser! I diffuse oils in my office while I work, usually two modes: focus or relax 😉 I will also diffuse oils in Jack’s room if he has a cold.
- Focus Diffuser: Peppermint
- Stress Relief: Lavender
- Breathing/Allergies: Eucalyptus and Chamomile
- I use it topically in a number of ways! From ear aches to pimples! Now the uses here are vast, truly, if you pick up an essential oils reference guide (which if you sign up with Young Living as a Wholesale Member, I will send you one for free) … well, you will see that from swollen ankle to dandruff, there is an EO for that! However, these are the top ways I personally use them:
- For pimples or HS flares: apply 2 drops tea tree oil mixed with ¼ tsp coconut oil directly on the pimple or boil for 3 days after you shower. If your flare persists you can do a tiny amount of oil of oregano in coconut oil, but it will sting. If your skin is agitated from bandages rub coconut or argan oil with a little lavender on it. Take the bath listed above.
- For earaches make a circle around the affected ear with Purification Oil 2-3 times a day until the pain goes away, thanks for this tip Kyndra!
- For a sore throat, mix ½ cup warm water with 1 drop Oil of Oregano and gargle 2 times day
- As a chest rub if you have a cold or stuffy nose: Mix 4 drops eucalyptus with ½ tsp coconut oil or your favorite body cream and rub on your chest. I also love the Breathe Again Roller with Thieves, it works miracles.
- I use the Thieves Cleaning kit from Young Living. It makes the best degreaser to clean my stove and it smells amazing.
- Soda Stream! We use Lemon, Lime, and Grapefruit, just a few drops in each bottle to make homemade flavored sparkling water, we save a fortune on LaCroix and get to control the flavorings!!!