Easy and delicious gluten free brownie bites with a healthy twist!
- 2 cups almond flour (from blanched almonds)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour, arrowroot starch or cassava flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder (see this post for grain-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt (code: CASTAWAY)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or (3/4 cup allulose for low carb)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium room temperature eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free milk of choice
For Ganache Recipe, click here
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pan with liners, mix makes 18 small cupcakes. Lightly grease/spray the liners with olive oil.
- In a large bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl add mix the sweetener and olive oil, whisk until thick, add in the vanilla, and continue to whisk.
- Add the eggs into the wet mix one at a time until fully incorporated. Add the wet mix into the dry mix, about 1/2 cup at a time, alternating between milk and egg mix.
- Keep adding in the wet mix and the milk, alternating until it’s all fully incorporate, and you have a smooth brownie batter. Use a 1/3 cup scoop to fill the muffin liners. If you want to add nuts or chocolate chips you can sprinkle them on top!
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from one of the center brownies.
- Let them cool completely if you’re going to frost. If not, enjoy warm!
- For a nut-free version, use my Low Carb Chocolate Cake recipe which I linked above
- Use whichever sweetener works for you
- If you don’t have stevia or don’t like it, omit it and add an extra 1/2 cup of sweetener, and reduce milk by 1/4 cup.
- Macros listed are with stevia + maple syrup
- Serving Size: 1 brownie bite
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: gluten free brownie bites