I made these Gluten-Free Brownie Bites for my Mom’s birthday in July and then I made the same recipe into a cake for my Dad’s birthday in August. We have a lot of birthdays in the summer in my family. My stepdad is April 4th, Jack and Lia (my niece) April 15th and 18th, Emma (my other niece) is May 6th, my sister is May 31st. Justin is June 11th, I’m June 20th. My parents, July 26th and August 4th. Needless to say, I make a lot of cakes in the summer!
We’re all chocolate lovers and we love brownies and chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies. With the dietary needs of the family, the treats all have to be gluten-free and low in sugar. These gluten-free brownie bites were perfect. Such a huge hit. Easy to make and absolutely sinful!
Gluten-Free Brownie Bites or Brownie Cake?
Yes, you read that right… I’ve made these into bites (small cupcakes) and into a 2 layer cake! Both decadent. The texture on this is dense, moist and fudgy. It’s not airy or light. It’s death by chocolate and oh so good.
Keeping It Healthy
These gluten-free brownie bites are made using extra virgin olive oil. Olive oil is wonderful for baking and gives the chocolate a great flavor, I also use black pepper. Trust me, it’s delicious! This cake feels and tastes rich but actually goes down very light and easy to digest! Everyone loves it so much and we all had seconds!
To Frost or Not to Frost?
I use a no- sugar added ganache for these gluten-free brownie bites and it’s super easy, you can find the ganache recipe with my Nut Free Low Carb Chocolate Cake recipe from Made Whole, here. If you want a flourless cake recipe, check out my second book, Made Simple.
Looking for more free recipes?
Easy and delicious gluten free brownie bites with a healthy twist!
- 2 cups almond flour (from blanched almonds)
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour, arrowroot starch or cassava flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder (see this post for grain-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt (code: CASTAWAY)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 tsp pure stevia powder
- 2/3 cup maple syrup or (3/4 cup allulose for low carb)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium room temperature eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup dairy-free milk of choice
For Ganache Recipe, click here
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line cupcake pan with liners, mix makes 18 small cupcakes. Lightly grease/spray the liners with olive oil.
- In a large bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl add mix the sweetener and olive oil, whisk until thick, add in the vanilla, and continue to whisk.
- Add the eggs into the wet mix one at a time until fully incorporated. Add the wet mix into the dry mix, about 1/2 cup at a time, alternating between milk and egg mix.
- Keep adding in the wet mix and the milk, alternating until it’s all fully incorporate, and you have a smooth brownie batter. Use a 1/3 cup scoop to fill the muffin liners. If you want to add nuts or chocolate chips you can sprinkle them on top!
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from one of the center brownies.
- Let them cool completely if you’re going to frost. If not, enjoy warm!
- For a nut-free version, use my Low Carb Chocolate Cake recipe which I linked above
- Use whichever sweetener works for you
- If you don’t have stevia or don’t like it, omit it and add an extra 1/2 cup of sweetener, and reduce milk by 1/4 cup.
- Macros listed are with stevia + maple syrup
- Serving Size: 1 brownie bite
- Calories: 196
- Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: gluten free brownie bites