Delicious sweet and savory shrimp skewers! Perfect for summer, this Whole30, paleo and seasonal recipe is simple and satisfying!
- 1 very ripe mango
- 1 just-ripe but still firm mango (see post)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I like this brand)
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 20 large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- Peel and dice the mangoes in to 1/2 inch chunks. Take the very ripe mango and blend it with the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil to make a puree. Set the firm mango pieces aside.
- In a bowl, combine the mango puree, shrimp, salt, olive oil, and diced mango. Let marinate for a few minutes (or a few hours).
- When ready to grill, prepare your skewers: add 5 shrimp and 2-3 pieces of mango to each skewer. You will have enough diced mango to make one mango only skewer, which is great as a side dish or a good option if you have plant-based guests.
- Brush the remaining marinade all over the skewers when ready to grill. Heat your grill on high heat – 400F°. Place the skewers horizontally on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes with the lid closed.
- Open the grill and flip the skewers and cook another 4 minutes on the other side or until the shrimp have a nice deep pink color and some grill marks.
- Serve hot! I like to grill some Vidalia onion slices or summer squash too and make it the perfect summer meal!
net carbs per serving: 25.2g
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Calories: 214
- Fat: 5.3g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 15.9g
Keywords: easy whole30 meal, grilled shrimp, garlic mango shrimp skewers, how to grill shrimp, summer recipe, AIP compliant recipe