For the Chicken and Marinade:
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 small chicken breast or turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (this is my favorite olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
For the Sauce and Finishing
- 1 tablespoon ghee, coconut oil, or more EVOO
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nut butter (I use Glacier Farms garlic paste and macadamia nut butter, so good and local to Florida!)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt the poultry and set it aside. In a small bowl combine the apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, and dry seasoning. Mix well.
- Put the chicken or turkey in the marinade and turn it over a few times to coat. Let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour, turning over again half way through.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When it comes to temperature put the ghee in the skillet. Add in the marinated chicken or turkey and cook undisturbed for 5 minutes.
- If there is any remaining marinade in the bowl pour it over the chicken now, along with the garlic and flip it over. Cook for 3-4 minutes, covered. Remove the cover and drizzle in the macadamia butter. Turn the chicken over to coat in the sauce.
- Remove the chicken or turkey from the skillet. Deglaze the pan with lemon juice and pour the sauce over the meat. Finish with an extra drizzle of macadamia nut butter if desired.
net carbs per serving: 2.8g
- Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast
- Calories: 614
- Fat: 49.6g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 37.9g
Keywords: easy whole30 meal, keto chicken recipe, 30 minute meal, best chicken marinade, how to cook turkey breast