Creamy, dreamy, flavorful and addictive chicken breast
For the Chicken:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon brown granulated sweetener (coconut sugar or Lakanto golden – get yours from Thrive Market)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Half small onion sliced
For the Sauce:
- 1 cup coconut milk (or homemade cashew milk)
- 1/4 cup Dijon or spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
For the Garnish:
- Minced mint to serve
- Combine the chicken, seasonings, coconut sugar, vinegar, oil and onion in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Let sit and marinate for 10-20 minutes (if you can).
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When it comes to temperature, drizzle in a little olive oil. Put the chicken breasts with onion in the skillet so they’re not touching. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes uncovered.
- While the chicken cooks, combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet. Lower the heat and cover. Simmer here for 5 minutes. Uncover and turn the chicken over in the sauce.
- Serve with minced fresh mint if you have it! Goes great with roasted veggies!
net carbs per serving: 5.5g
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 439
- Fat: 29.9g
- Carbohydrates: 6.8g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 36.6g
Keywords: Creamy Crack Chicken, One skillet chicken recipe, keto crack chicken, 30 minute meal, one pot meal, easy keto chicken recipe