Spiced Pumpkin Chicken Noodle Soup is a remix of the classic and full of fall flavors. Paleo, low carb, and gut friendly, it’s the ultimate keto comfort food.
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 cup small diced onion
- 1 cup small diced celery
- ½ cup small diced carrots
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, I use this one, it’s nightshade free
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 3 cups Bonafide Provisions chicken bone broth
- 2 bags Thrive Market shirataki noodles or Miracle Noodles
- 3 slices crispy bacon for garnish
- Heat the your pressure cooker on sauté mode. Add in ghee and veggies and sauté with bay leaves until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze with vinegar, then add in seasonings and chicken and sauté, stirring often until browned. About 5 minutes.
- Mix in the pumpkin and the bone broth. Cancel the sauté function on your pressure cooker and set to cook on high for 20 minutes. Manually release pressure, open the lid and stir in the noodles.
- Garnish with bacon bits, fresh herbs (like sage) or chopped nuts!
- To make it AIP compliant: omit the garam masala, and cumin, add in ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
To make it AIP compliant: omit the garam masala and cumin, add in ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
6.9g net carbs per serving
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 311.2
- Fat: 12.9g
- Carbohydrates: 15.4g
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Protein: 33g